OOPS..! This Collection seams empty.

By The Time We Add New Drinks For You,

Hears What We Recommend...
Spinner
Tamdhu, located on the banks of the River Spey, was founded in 1897 by a consortium of whisky professionals, chief of which was William Grant. Designed by famed distillery architect Charles Doig, the distillery was praised as ‘perhaps the most efficient and designed distillery of its era’ by Alfred Barnard, creator of Whisky Distilleries of the UK (1898). One of the distillery’s other distinctions was securing a spur of the Strathspey Railway, giving the distillery its own branch line.

During the 1970s, when the distillery was still owned by Highland Distillers, Tamdhu increased its number of stills from two to six, creating a production capacity that is now around 4 million litres a year.

In 2010 the Edrington Group, who had taken over Highland Distillers in 1999, closed the Tamdhu distillery. Just two years later, however, it was purchased and re-opened by Ian Macleod distillers, who are still at the helm today.