5 Fun Margaritas to Make with your Mate!
Dreaming of a tropical vacation and sipping on a glass of margarita? While you can’t take an instant vacation, you can always choose to recreate your margarita experience right in the comfort of your home whether you want a margarita mocktail or a good, classic tequila to go along with your drink.
You’ll find countless number of ways about how to make margarita but here are five surprising twists to the classic margarita that will surely raise the bar when it comes to tequila making.
1. Blackberry Mango Margarita.
In this margarita cocktail recipe, lime juice is augmented with the equally citrusy and fruity flavours of fresh blackberries and mango nectar. It can’t ever be complete without a tequila and lime, of course!.
Here’s a great way to add a pleasantly unique surprise to your margarita that will, likewise, satisfy your guests as well:
What you’ll need:
1 cup of fresh blackberries
1 cup of mango nectar
1 cup of fresh lime juice
Dash of Cointreau Triple Sec
To create this margarita with triple sec:
- Step 1: Blend the blackberries, half of the lime juice, and 1 shot of tequila with crushed ice.
- Step 2: Blend the mango nectar, remainder of lime, and 1 shot of tequila with crushed ice.
- Step 3; Add salt to the glass rim.
- Step 4: Empty the contents of the first blend half-way through a clear, tall glass.
- Step 5: Empty the contents of the combination containing mango nectar for the rest of the clear, tall glass.
- Step 6: Garnish with fresh whole blackberries and a slice of lime.
2. Baby Blue Margarita.
This is one of the most enticing yet easiest cocktails to make at home. Add a vibrant pop to your glass of tequila to up your festive spirit or, to vigorously improve treat a bad mood.
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 shots of miniature Patron Silver Tequila-5cl, or as preferred
2 shot of miniature Gabriel Boudier Blue Curacao-5cl
1 cup lime juice
2 shots of simple sugar syrup, or as preferred
To make this cocktail using these margarita ingredients:
- Step 1: Rim your glass with salt.
- Step 2: Add crushed ice to a glass.
- Step 3: Add in lime and sugar syrup. Give it a light stir.
- Step 4: Add tequila. Blend all ingredients with a cocktail shaker.
- Step 5: Add more ice to your salted cocktail glass.
- Step 6: Strain and pour the contents of the mixer into your glass and over the ice.
- Step 7: Add a vibrant blue colour to the mix using blue curacao.
- Step 8L Garnish with a slice of lemon.
3. Bulldog Fishbowl Margarita.
Searching for margarita cocktails easy to make from home? Try this one that’s made for sharing with your housemates and guests.
what you’ll need:
Orange Juice or Pineapple Juice
1 miniature bottle of Malibu Coconut Rum 5cl
2 regular bottles of Corona Beer
100ml of a miniature bottle of Sierra Tequila 4cl
A dash of Triple Sec, optional
Fresh slices of oranges, pineapples and lime
Here’s how to make this punch:
- Step 1: Fill up the fishbowl with one part each of orange juice or pineapple juice, and lime juice. Make sure to leave room for the other ingredients.
- Step 2: Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl. Give the punch a good mix.
- Step 3: Drop the fresh fruit slices.
- Step 4: Stand the Corona bottles upside down into the bowl. Add straws.
4. Apple Cider Margarita.
Since it is the sweet and sour irony in a glass of margarita that makes it so mouthwatering then, surely another great way to serve up this classic cocktail with a twist is by adding apple cider into the mix. Now, that’s not at all a surprising take on this cocktail, right? But this one is guaranteed to tickle your tastebuds.
Here’s what you’ll need:
3 shots of miniature Casamigos Blanco Tequila-5cl, or as preferred
3 shots of miniature Alpenschnaps Obstler (Apple and Pear) Brandy
1 cup of apple cider
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
Cinnamon powder and sticks
To make this drink:
- Step 1: In a shaker, combine crushed ice with tequila, lemon juice, apple cider and brandy. Give it a good shake.
- Step 2: Rim a margarita glass with salt.
- Step 3: Empty the contents of the shaker into the glass while straining.
- Step 4: Top the concoction with thin apple slices, a cinnamon stick, and a dash of cinnamon powder.
- Step 5: Garnish with a slice of lemon on the rim.
5. Passionfruit Mango Margarita.
Rather than serving this margarita on the rocks, you can actually choose to serve it frozen, like a tippled sherbet. Read on to find out how.
Here’s what you’ll need:
3 shots of miniature 1800 Tequila Reposado-5cl, or as preferred
A dash of Cointreau Triple Sec
Blended and strained fresh slices of mango, or mango nectar
Blended and strained fresh slices of passion fruit, or passion fruit concentrate
1 cup Lime juice
To make this cocktail:
- Step 1: Add one part each of lime juice, blended mango, and blended passion fruit into a cocktail mixer.
- Step 2: Add the agave, tequila and Cointreau.
- Step 3: Place inside the freezer for up to 2 hours.
- Step 4: Serve frozen. Garnish with mint leaves and a slice of lime.
Do You Need Triple Sec For Margaritas?
That depends on your personal preferences. If you’re after recreating the original margarita recipe then, yes, adding a Triple Sec to your concoction is a tall order. If, however, you are going for a margarita cocktail mix that’s neither stiff nor strict about what ingredients to add, other than a good quality, freshly squeezed lime juice and a classic tequila, then missing the Triple Sec shouldn’t be a major issue at all.
Either you substitute it with a fruit liqueur -- the most popular alternatives are agave and Cointreau -- or, totally miss it. In the end, what matters is what is pleasing to your palate that comes with a tipple.
What Is The Best Margarita Mix?
There are a thousand and one ways to make Margarita, and there is at least one recipe out there that perfectly satisfies your personal preferences for this classic cocktail. All that really matters is how you like your margarita.
In case you are looking for a way to simplify the whole process of mixing your own glass of margarita, or even make a pitcher to share with your friends, then try the Funkin Margarita Cocktail Mixer. It makes an easy-to-make recipe for margarita cocktail and you won’t even need to sweat it.
Made with Persian limes from the land where Margarita was born itself, Mexico, all you have to do is mix in a tequila of your choice. A dash of Triple Sec completes your tasting journey. Don’t forget to serve with plenty of crushed ice and empty into a glass with the rim lined with salt.